Wednesday 28 July 2010

Safe In Calcutta

Well well,

Thanks to my Internet Booking company I almost miss the flight in Heathrow to get to India. It seems they thought 1 hour and 45 minutes was more than enough to go from terminal 5 to terminal 4 via terminal 3. On the other hand when I arrived there was overbooking and they had to put me in Business class. It was very stressful until they told me I had a place, but I could relax in the bed-like seat watching The Oxford Murderers.

The rest of the trip was kind of smooth. When I got to the airport Pushan, the professor I will work with in Calcutta, was waiting for me outside to take me to the Institute (Assoc. for the Cultivation of Science of Calcutta). It was a bit confusing since he could not go inside to avoid that the toots start harassing people.

And tomorrow I depart to Varanassi in a 1st Class Train which cost me about 14 pounds (to do a trip as long as Edinburgh-London).

I will try to write more soon.

1 comment:

Arctica said...

Wow, I guess you deserved the business class then :D Have a good trip to Varanassi and hope you take lots of pictures!!