Friday 30 July 2010

Today I woke up at 4.30 to take a trip through the river from 5 till
7. Then I had breakfast and headed to the city to sort out my ticket
problems and change money.

In the river people bath, clean their teeth, burn their dead, or throw them just dead (if they are pregnant women, kids or cows, since they are already holy) and throw the sewage. Yes, it is not good water, in fact I have seen a dead cow floating.

This morning in the boat there were 4 Spaniards (two catalans and two
andalusians) and 1 American and I was so pleased to see Spanish
people, for a change.

The whole day has been gone in changing the ticket, the boat trip,
breakfast, lunch and going to the bank (in a rickshaw, where the
rickshaw driver claimed to have driven the Dalai Lama himself) but I
havent seen much of Varanasi, I hope it gets better in Agra.

1 comment:

Arctica said...

Haha, if you want to see Spanish people come back to Edinburgh, they are EVERYWHERE!
I guess you're lucky to only have seen a dead cow right? Hope you stayed on the boat and did not try to spiritually clean yourself in the river or something :D
I so envy you for going to Agra, hope you get to see a lot there, enjoy it!!